Zazu Internet Acceptable Use Policy ("AUP") is provided to give our customers and users a clear understanding of what Zazu expects of them while using the service. All users of Zazu Internet services: those who access some of our Services but do not have accounts, as well as those who pay a service fee to subscribe to the Services, must comply with our AUP as well as with our Terms and Conditions.
Use of access or use of any of the services available through Zazu Internet constitutes acceptance and agreement to Zazu Internet's AUP as well as Zazu Terms and Conditions.
Zazu Internet strives to provide its customers with the highest quality Internet service available and at the same time respect the standards that have been created within the Internet community. To that end, we believe that certain activities and conduct is inappropriate or abusive and will not be tolerated on the Zazu Internet network.
We support the uncensored flow of information and ideas over the Internet and do not actively monitor subscriber activity under normal circumstances. Similarly, we do not exercise editorial control over the content of any web site, e-mail transmission, newsgroups, or other material created or accessible over or through the services, except for certain proprietary Web sites. However, we reserve the right to remove any materials that, in our sole discretion, may be illegal, may subject us to liability, or which may violate this AUP. Zazu Internet may cooperate with legal authorities and/or third parties in the investigation of any suspected or alleged crime or perceived legal wrongdoing. Your violation of this AUP may result in the suspension or immediate termination of either your Internet account or other actions as detailed in this AUP.
Violations of Zazu Internet Acceptable Use Policy
The following constitute violations of this AUP:
- Using a personal account for high volume or commercial use is prohibited. The Services are intended for periodic, active use of e-mail, newsgroups, file transfers, Internet chat, games, and browsing the World Wide Web. Members may stay connected so long as they are actively using that connection for the above purposes. Members may not use the Services on a standby or inactive basis in order to maintain a connection. Accordingly, Zazu Internet reserves the right to terminate any member's connection following any extended period of inactivity as determined in our Terms and Conditions. A single account is intended for one individual to access the Internet. Multiple logins under the same user ID are not allowed.
- Reselling our services without our express written authorisation is prohibited.
- Hosted Domain Account: You may not use your hosted domain site to publish material, which Zazu Internet determines, at its sole discretion, to be unlawful, indecent or objectionable. For purposes of this policy, "material" refers to all forms of communications including narrative descriptions, graphics (including photographs, illustrations, images, drawings, logos), executable programs, video recordings, and audio recordings. NO ADULT orientated material may be stored in your hosted domain site or displayed on your hosted domain pages.
- llegal use: Use of the service to transmit any material (by e-mail, uploading, posting or otherwise) that, intentionally or unintentionally, violates any applicable local, national, or international law, or any rules or regulations promulgated thereunder.
- Harm to minors: Use of the service to harm, or attempt to harm, minors in any way, including, but not limited to child pornography.
- Threats: Use of service to transmit any material (by e-mail, uploading, posting or otherwise) that threatens or encourages bodily harm or destruction of property.
- Harassment: Use of the service to transmit any material (by e-mail, uploading, posting or otherwise) that harasses another.
- Fraudulent activity: Use of the service to make fraudulent offers to sell or buy products, items, or services, or to advance any type of financial scam such as "pyramid schemes," or "chain letters."
- Forgery or impersonation: Adding, removing or modifying identifying network header information in an effort to deceive or mislead is prohibited. Attempting to impersonate any person by using forged headers or other identifying information is prohibited.
- Unsolicited commercial e-mail / Unsolicited bulk e-mail (SPAM) Use of the service to transmit any unsolicited commercial or unsolicited bulk e-mail is expressly prohibited. Violations of this type will result in the immediate termination of the account.
- E-mail / News Bombing: Malicious intent to impede another person's use of electronic mail services or new media will result in the immediate termination of the offending account.
- E-mail / Message Forging: Forging any message header, in part or whole, of any electronic transmission, originating or passing through the service is in violation of this AUP.
- Unauthorized access: Use of service to access, or to attempt to access, the accounts of others, or to penetrate, or attempt to penetrate, security measures of Zazu Internet's or another entity's computer software or hardware, electronic communications system, or telecommunications system, whether or not the intrusion results in the corruption or loss of data, is expressly prohibited and the offending account is subject to immediate termination.
- Infringement of Copyright, Patent, Trademark, Trade Secret, or Intellectual Property Right: Use of the service to transmit any material (by e-mail, uploading, posting, hot linking, directly linking or otherwise) that infringes any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret or other proprietary rights of any third party, including, but not limited to, the unauthorized copying of copyrighted material, the digitization and distribution of photographs from magazines, books, or other copyrighted sources, and the unauthorized transmittal of copyrighted software.
- Collection of personal data: Use of the service to collect, or attempt to collect, personal information about third parties without their knowledge or consent.
- Network disruptions and unfriendly activity: Use of the service for any activity which affects the ability of other people or systems to use our services or the Internet. This includes "denial of service" (DOS) attacks against another network host or individual user. Interference with or disruption of other network users, services or equipment is prohibited. It is the Subscriber's responsibility to ensure that their network is configured in a secure manner. A Subscriber may not, through action or inaction, allow others to use their network for illegal or inappropriate actions. A Subscriber may not permit their network, through action or inaction, to be configured in such a way that gives a third party the capability to use their network in an illegal or inappropriate manner. Unauthorised entry and/or use of another company and/or individual's computer system will result in immediate account termination. Zazu Internet will not tolerate any subscriber attempting to access the accounts of others, or penetrate security measures of other systems, whether or not the intrusion results in corruption or loss of data.
- Fraud: Involves a knowing misrepresentation or misleading statement, writing or activity made with the intent that the person receiving it will act upon it.
- Distribution of Viruses: Intentional distributions of software that attempts to and/or causes damage, harassment, or annoyance to persons, data, and/or computer systems are prohibited. Such an offence will result in the immediate termination of the offending account.
- Inappropriate Use of Software: Use of software or any device that would facilitate a continued connection, i.e. pinging, while using the services could result in suspension service.
- Third Party Accountability: ZAZU INTERNET subscribers will be held responsible and accountable for any activity by third parties, using their account, that violates guidelines created within the Acceptable Use Policy.
- Mail Box usage: As the primary account holder, you are responsible for all account activity. All provisions of the Acceptable Use Policy apply to your use of extra e-mail boxes. Misuse of Extra E-mail Boxes services may result in termination of your account. If a secondary mailbox is involved in a violation of the Acceptable Use Policy, your account, including all secondary mailboxes may be terminated. A terminated account will result in lost e-mail and Internet access for all users of your account. Therefore, it is important that your make sure everyone you will allow to use your account or a secondary mailbox understands all terms of this Acceptable Use Policy and the consequences of violations.
- Security: You are responsible for any misuse of your account, even if the inappropriate activity was committed by a friend, family member, guest or employee. You must adopt adequate security measures to prevent or minimize unauthorised use of your account by taking steps to ensure that others do not gain unauthorized access to your account. In addition, you may not use your account to breach security of another account or attempt to gain unauthorized access to another network or server.
- Password Protection: Your password provides access to your account. It is your responsibility to keep your password secure. Sharing your password and account access with unauthorized users is prohibited. You should take care to prevent others from using your account since you will be held responsible for such use.
- Network and Personal Security: Users who violate systems or network security may incur criminal or civil liability. Zazu Internet will cooperate fully with investigations of violations of systems or network security at other sites, including cooperating with law enforcement authorities in the investigation of suspected criminal violations. Attempting to obtain another user's account password is strictly prohibited, and may result in termination of service. You may not attempt to circumvent user authentication or security of any host, network or account. This includes, but is not limited to, accessing data not intended for you, logging into or making use of a server or account you are not expressly authorised to access, or probing the security of other networks. Use or distribution of tools designed for compromising security is prohibited. Examples of these tools include, but are not limited to, password, guessing programs, cracking tools or network probing tools.
- Network Performance: Zazu accounts operate on shared resources. Excessive use or abuse of these shared network resources by one customer may have a negative impact on all other customers. Misuse of network resources in a manner which impairs network performance is prohibited by this policy and may result in termination of your account.
You are prohibited from excessive consumption of resources, including CPU time, memory, disk space and session time.
- You may not establish more than one connection to our network from your account at any one time
- You may not provide network services from your account (for example, you may not use your account to operate an ftp or a web server), unless your account type specifically provides for it.
- You may not use resource-intensive programs which negatively impact other customers or the performances of Zazu systems or networks. We reserve the right to terminate or limit such activities.
- Each customer account will be provided 10 MB of disk storage for each e-mail box. Messages left on mail servers for more than thirty days (30 days) are subject to immediate deletion read or unread. Total mailbox storage is limited to 10 MB per mailbox without regard to the age of the messages in the mailbox. Once the 10 MB limit is exceeded, any incoming messages will be returned to the sender until the subscriber reduces mailbox size by removing mail from the server.
- You may not employ automated electronic or mechanical processes designed to defeat network inactivity time-outs. Such tools include, but are not limited to, use of an auto-dialer and repetitive pinging of a host.
Internet Relay Chat: Although Zazu does not offer technical support for Internet Relay Chat (IRC), you may use your account to connect to IRC; servers and networks maintained by us or third parties. Please remember that you are a guest when you make use of these facilities. It is particularly important that you do not engage in activities which might interfere with other customers' access to IRC.
- You may not use IRC;scripts or programs that interfere with or deny service to other users on any other server, host, network or channel.
- You may not engage in activities which harass other users. This includes, but is not limited to, "flooding" (rapidly entering text with the intent to disrupt service), "flashing" (disrupting terminal emulation), "takeovers" (improper seizure and abuse of operator privileges), attempting to send private messages to those who do not wish to receive them, attempting to return to a channel after being banned from it, and other disruptive behaviour.
- You may not attempt to impersonate other users. The use of nicknames does not constitute impersonation.
- You may not run; " clones" (multiple simultaneous IRC; connections).
Reporting violations of Zazu Internet AUP
Zazu Internet requests that anyone who believes that there is a violation of this AUP direct the information to the Abuse Department at firstname.lastname@example.org
If available, please provide the following information:
- The IP address used to commit the alleged violation
- The date and time of the alleged violation, including the time zone or offset from GMT
- Evidence of the alleged violation
E-mail with full header information provides all of the above, as do system log files. Other situations will require different methods of providing the above information. Zazu Internet may take any one or more of the following actions in response to complaints:
- Issue written or verbal warnings
- Suspend the Member's newsgroup posting privileges
- Suspend the Member's account
- Terminate the Member's account
- Bill the Member for administrative costs and/or reactivation charges
- Bring legal action to join violations and/or to collect damages, if any, cause by violations
Revisions to this Acceptable Use Policy
Zazu Internet reserves the right to revise, amend, or modify this AUP, our Terms and Conditions and our other policies and agreements at any time and in any manner. Notice of any revision, amendment, or modification will be posted in accordance with our Terms and Conditions.