SharePoint provides a central web-based "information exchange" platform that connects users, teams and knowledge across the organization. Users can work together on documents, tasks, contacts, events, and other information, while team and site managers can easily coordinate content and user activity.
Features and benefits
- Access to a central workspace in which teams can share, organize and work on documents without compromising the integrity of the data.
- Shared calendars, making it ideal for projects that involve people from other companies or who are not on your global address list.
- SharePoint works together with Hosted Exchange and the two need to be purchased together to reap the benefits of collaboration.
- Easy-to-understand menu and view options ensure simple navigation.
- Integration with familiar productivity tools.
- No hardware is needed and no software needs purchasing.
How it works
A central library means users can "check" a document in and out for commenting purposes. All feedback is collated into a single version, and users can view past versions if needed. Documents are automatically indexed for quick, easy searching.
For more information on how sharepoint can benefit your organisation, let us call you: